Saturday, March 29, 2008

2 Weeks to go...

It’s been exactly one whole year from the day I gave my first shot for h-e-d. Time flies, memories linger on...

It's been a rollercoaster ride with each day bringing new situations and experiences. Each schedule bringing with it a new vibe, new locations, new people and with it a sense of discovering a new part of me. It will not be sacrilegious of me to believe that I have been absolutely honest and sincere to my work and lived every moment on h-e-d to the fullest and that is a special feeling!

I vividly remember my first shot which comes in the early part of the movie. It felt like a continuation of something I’ve been doing. At complete ease, in character and with the right amount of energy, that I surprised myself. At the end of the day, I only hoped and prayed that I could replicate the same feeling each day I came to the set. I think I achieved it on more occasions than less.

When I look back at the different schedules on h-e-d – Kamalistan/panchgani, Leh/shimla/manali/kalka, Switzerland, Mahabaleshwar and the climax at Yashraj studios, I somehow recall my first at Kamlistan on the train set and at panchgani with great enthusiasm. These were times, when energy was at its best, when there was an effort to imbibe and learn everything and anything as each day brought new learning’s and as an actor, I enjoyed the natural earnestness and rawness which I subconsciously brought along and which eventually helped me in shaping Shekhar.

I only wish that I could continue bringing the same enthusiasm and zeal to every other movie I work in hereon because that is what makes the journey worthwhile. The journey is almost about to end now on this one and it’s about time to bring out the work in progress. The first teasers hit screens worldwide on the 11th of April’2008 with ‘You me aur Hum’ and I have no idea how that feeling will be… One year in the making, a year and 3 months since I signed on to it, a year and a half since I first auditioned for it and 24 years since I wanted it so bad.

Nasrun minallahi wal fatahun kareem

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One year in the making, a year and 3 months since I signed on to it, a year and a half since I first auditioned for it and 24 years since I wanted it so bad.

Nasrun minallahi wal fatahun kareem

I love love love this bit.

Anonymous said...

yo yo yo naku i saw the promo for your new film,the girl is well hot in it - you lucky dog! i am an inspiring actor - how old were when you when you got the part in haal e dil? peace out.